About the NCFF
Who we are and what we do
History of the NCFF
The North Carolina Firefighters Fund was created in 2010 to support the brave men and women firefighters living and working in our state.
The goal of the NC Firefighters Fund is to raise public awareness of firefighters' needs and the roles they play in communities across North Carolina.
Education. Support. Wellness.
Through a combination of corporate and individual donations, the money raised by the NC Firefighters Fund directly impacts firefighters working in communities across North Carolina. The NC Firefighters Fund supports scholarships to finance both continuing education and fire service training for firefighters, as well as higher education for their children. It also funds health and wellness programs to raise firefighters' awareness of vocational health issues.
NCFF Board of Directors
The NC Firefighters Fund Board of Directors are volunteers who serve without compensation. They're knowledgeable about fire service and dedicated to making sure the unique needs of firefighters are met.
- R. Scott Alderman — Board Chairman — Fire Chief, Lewisville Fire Department
- Tim Bradley — Executive Director, North Carolina State Firemen's Association
- Tommy Cole — Assistant Chief, Pinecroft Sedgefield Fire District
- Dean Coward, CPA — Board Treasurer — Assistant Chief, Balsam-Willets-Ochre Hill VFD
- Reginald R. Hassler — Retired Chief, Boone Fire Department
- Bentley Hatcher — SVP Lending, Local Government Federal Credit Union
- Wesley D. Hutchins — Director of Emergency Services, Forsyth Technical Community College and Walkertown Fire Department Chief
- Phil Welch — Fire Chief, Gastonia Fire Department
Donations are tax deductible
The NC Firefighters Fund is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. It is registered as a corporation in the State of North Carolina. The NC Firefighters Fund receives funding through private donations from caring individuals, organizations, corporations and foundations. Your donations are 100% tax deductible.